Thursday, May 17, 2012

my QUEST begins AGAIN

So since I know it is just family that follows me on here, my other blog that was attached to my toeumutafuna@gmail.com account is officially DELETED!! And so is that email!! Sooo please do not email that address!! If you are fam and close friends, I have already sent out an email to you guys that has my correct email address now hahaha

So anyways, I started off with goals for the summer, and one of the important ones that I wanted to be sure I did was officially become Toe'umu Moala in the temporal world, already have it squared away with the church since day 1, but figured after 2 years and 2 dogs later probably best to hurry and jump on the band wagon of becoming the MRS to my MR.. :)

Sooooo I sat down and figured out all the stuff I had to change over and it became a bit on the overwhelming side, so I decided on what things were easy and didn't need legal verification for me to change, and the email was one of those and easy to do.  So i DID IT.. no use sitting on it thinking one day its just gonna happen, so I did it all yesterday, while my office had a SLOW day. 

I also changed my stuff here at work, that didn't need legal verification like my electronic signature at the end of my emails, my name thing on my desk, my email account, so on and so forth.  At first I thought, "NO big deal, I mean everyone at church calls me Sis. Moala, this won't be hard at all, besides the paperwork of changing it. (knew that was gonna be time consuming and hard)"   But as the day went on and everything started changing from Tafuna to Moala I did start to get a little nostalgic and not sad per say, but definitely like, "wow, this is a weird feeling."  Didn't know exactly what I was feeling, but it is DIFFERENT.  I guess everyone goes through that when they first are in the beginning of their marriage, but this gal never did.. hahaha So I'm feeling it now, 2 years later hahahaha

Which for the record I am TOTALLY okay with.  I am proud and happy to be my Husbands wife and to carry his last name!! Is it hard to come to grips with?-- HECK YES!! But is it something I want?? big YESS!!So here's to my quest and journey in the summer of becoming on PAPER and documented EVERYWHERE Toe'umu Tafuna Moala!!! Can't let go of my maiden name just yet hahaha I'll get there someday or not..  I mean my mom does still introduce herself as Marguerite Wolfgramm Tafuna... Must be the German side in us TOO STUBBORN!! hahaha

I wish I wasn't working at a high school when we first got married because then I would have done it right away. But with teaching Secondary Education and the changing of names and going through all the clearances with the new last name LITERALLY would have paused my work and put me on delay.  And what married couple when they first get married ain't BROKE!!?? Okay maybe not all start out broke, but shoots we were!!! and so because of that we both decided it was more feasible to just keep my maiden name until after my secondary education teaching days were over and now that they are, this is what I am left with!! hahahaha a whole bunch of weird feelings, nostalgic moments, and lots of red tape to sort through!! hahahaha WOOHOO for me!!! LOVE it!! and can't wait til its all over and done with!!

Well thanks for keeping updated with us and our life!! love you all and til next time TATA for now!!!

-the best Tafuna Moala ever!!

No comments:

Post a Comment